Sunday, October 29, 2006

Santa Monica Farmer's Market, Santa Monica, CA

SO. On the first day of the creation of this blog I should have had a FANTABLULOUS entry. Please humor me in what should have been:

The Santa Monica Urban Picnic


  • Al fresco parties including easily-replicated, 15 minute cooking demonstrations by Beringer Vineyards Executive Chef David Frakes, tips on entertaining in true wine country style and free wine tastings
  • An interactive sensory experience, focusing on the distinct characteristics of Napa Valley wines
  • Special give-aways including a Smith & Hawken Teak Hampton Table and Chair Set (valued at $1,000)
  • Take advantage of a 20% discount on Beringer Napa Valley wines when you receive your “Napa Valley Passport” at the event and contribute to Meals on Wheels! For every qualifying purchase of Beringer Napa Valley wines made in October and November 2006, Beringer will donate $5 to Meals and Wheels.
  • peek inside the vintage 25-foot Airstream Safari Special Edition trailer complete with a Napa Valley makeover



But no. I was...well, let's let the picture speak for me...



Yes, I was a weekend behind. Oh. The irony.

Dammit.

Does this still count as something new? I went to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market, which I had never been before. And YES, I had to go through horrible L.A. traffic to get there. OH SURE, it's not the same as it could have been, but...

Dammit.

Well anyway, I bought some seeds, nuts, hummas and bread and drove down Santa Monica Blvd. to go get breakfast.

By the way, if you are ever in Santa Monica, go to the King's Head. Expensive, but good. Did I eat there today? No. I've been there before and it was a 'do something new' day, so I had a shitty breakfast at a place I can't even bother to mention (because I forgot the name) but I know the King's Head is awesome. Just saying.

After breakfast I headed back to the comfort of Orange County and the comfort of the Harp.

Again, this should have been a great first blog entry but alas...it was this.

No comments: