Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

…there’s going to be a few changes around here…

Unless you are blind, which I’m assuming that you’re not since you are reading this without Braille, I’m in the process of changing the look of the blog. Heather at GoofyGirl Designs has been helping me (and when I say ‘helping’ I mean ‘completely doing it herself’) with the header and the new layout. It’s currently a work in progress so although the header will stay the same, other things are prone to change. The background may be gray now, but in two days time it might be blue or have crazy stripes that make you dizzy. I just don’t know yet. I guess this is the long way of saying “Pardon the mess”.

In other news, Happy Thanksgiving! My mom is flying in from WI this morning and I’m going to make my traditional turkey dinner fit for the Mongolian army. I’ve actually only ever spent a single Thanksgiving with my mom as I was always with my dad and step mom in Mayville (and you have to know that if a town is called Mayville, it’s a small ass town) for dinner. I hope she enjoys the food, as there will be enough of it to feed the entire town of Costa Mesa. The Packer game is also on this morning (9:30 AM!) so you have to know that Kevin is tickled pink….or will be when he actually wakes up.

So there you have it. Blog changes. Turkey. Mom.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

Shannen said...

Happy Thanksgiving to YOU! I like the blog changes so far, cute!

Enjoy your meal!

Moe said...

Yay! It's a work in progress definitely...I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do it myself though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Moe,

The new banner is snazzy (cool) and also quite scrabble-riffic!

We had Thanksgiving at our place and my sister-in-law visiting from California. That's always fun since my brother's wife and my wife's sister do not get along. But everyone was on their best behavior and my turkey was juicy and delicious. A relatively small group (7 adults and two kids) meant the food selection was smallish. And as usual, my brother's family showed up right before the meal and left as soon as their digestion would allow. Sigh.

How did yours turn out?

Ed

Moe said...

Hi Ed!

Just got back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday. It was good. My mom was really into taking pictures of palm trees.

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was ok despite all the conflict! Man, with only 7 people, the air must have been tense. ;-)