Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wasting my Sunday with Fairy Princesses

Oh helllllllooooo!

I will come right and tell you, I haven’t done a damn thing new in two weeks. I’m not going to apologize for it however as I haven’t gotten paid in…three weeks. And it’s still yet another week until I do get paid. I like myself some entertainment though, and will go pretty stir crazy if I don’t get it. Because Kevin enjoys his sanity (oh, and that whole loving me thing) he’s been trying his best to keep me entertained with as little as money possible. He’s so awesome. The weekend before last we (finally) pumped up the tires on our bikes and took them riding around the neighborhood (even though Kevin’s knee was still dodgy) and ended up gathering all this fresh fruit from the trees around here. It was the lemon tree that started it all. I couldn’t believe how great these lemons smelled. I’ve been using them in every drink I can think of since. And even though I don’t like avocados, I’ve been squeezing the ones we got silly waiting for them to ripen. That bruises them, doesn’t it? Oh well, I know where the tree is.

This past Saturday, Kevin and I helped Michele unpack her new apartment. For Kevin this meant disappearing with Patrick for three hours to ‘drop off a dresser’ and for me (and Mari, Marilynn, and Michele) to unpack the 847 boxes marked ‘KITCHEN’. Michele has a buttload of dishes. Even with three boxes repacked for Goodwill and the dishes that Mari, Marilynn and myself walked off with, I still don’t know how Michele managed to fit everything in that kitchen. It was a decent sized kitchen, but damn.

On Sunday I was getting a bit stir crazy. I had gotten up fairly early (after staying up until the 2AM/3AM time change because I just wasn’t tired dammit (Beth got the email that reflected this)) and basically played around the computer until I was SO DAMN BORED of that too, then took a shower, and GAAAAAAAAH I’M SO BORED WHY DON’T I HAVE ANY MONEY WAAAAAAH IT’S SO NICE OUT WAAAAA and finally decided that I would take my camera and take pictures around the neighborhood and post them all here for you guys. This meant I got out my camera and started taking weird pictures around the house using the ‘frames’ option on my camera.

The weeds I should have been pulling, and the bird seed I should have been picking up.

I had decided that before I left to take pictures, I would stop at the Harp real quick for breakfast\lunch, and then stop back over to Michele’s to bring her a housewarming gift (which would not be dishware), and then I would be off. Easy peasy.

But Kevin wanted to get breakfast\lunch too. So we split the Irish breakfast, had a beer, and had EVERY INTENTION of leaving to go to Michele’s and drop off a housewarming gift before he went back home and I rode around taking pictures.

Yummy Irish Breakfast

But then Dave and Jill showed up. We were two sips away from leaving. But Dave bought us a beer so we had to stay. After that beer, we had to buy Dave a beer back but DAMMIT, WE WERE LEAVING after that one as I wanted to get to Michele’s to drop off the housewarming gift and take some pictures.

But then Steve and Brian showed up.

And then Grant.

And then Derrick.

And then Mari and Gunter.

And finally, who walks through the door but Patrick and Michele!

“HEY! I was going to go to your house and drop off a present!”

“Well, where were you?”

“HERE! ….. You know how that goes.”

It was a sunny day and I finally admitted to the fact that I wasn’t going to be going anywhere, so I had to take some pictures to make up for it. First task for you all is to come up with the bubble sayings. I’m afraid there will be no prizes except blog mention honor. I didn't add that 'Life is fun ' by the way, that's part of the frame.



And finally, if you didn’t notice the poll up at the top right hand side of the page, now is the time to vote for your Favorite Fairy Princess.

KevinDaveBrianSteveGunterDerekPatrickMatt, the Harp Door GuyMichele

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like you had a grand Sunday. All those fairy pricesses must have been fun. Especially the "special" one. Were you the Queen of all the land or just a mere peasant who happened upon the princess gala?

Hope Monday wasn't too hard!

Bethhead

Moe said...

Hi BH,

Yes, I did have a wonderful Sunday and remembered to be good enough to feel just fine for work the next day.

And to answer your question, I wasn't the Queen, I was just honored to be in the presence of so many Your Highnesses.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely just to frickin' funny! I love your blogs. Pulling pints is always more fun that pulling weeds.
Let's see, Dave is saying,"I'm the coolest guy here".
Kevin is saying,"How did that get in there?"
Mari,"What did you just say?"
Gunter,"Oh f**k, if I get her drunk we'll both forget what I said."

Have fun,
Doug

Moe said...

LOL! Thanks Doug! I think this the first time you left a comment on the blog!

Since you are (so far) the only one who came up with a saying for the comics panel, you might be the winner by default. ;-)

Now I bet you were sorry you weren't there to be a fairy princess too!

Anonymous said...

Moe,

Welcome back! Oy, that's a lot of fairy princesses.
I had to vote Kevin, since he hammed it up so well. But special mention must go to Derek for "Fairy Princess who Most Resembles Jimmy Buffett." Light up a fatty for me, Jimmy! (lol)

I am happy... got my Moe fix. Say Hi to the gnome and to Kevin!

Ed

Moe said...

Hi Ed!

Poor Kevin didn't actually know he was going to be a fairy princess. He was the first too. Don't you wish YOU could have been a fairy princess too?

Hoping to get out this weekend to allow for another entry next week!

Shannen said...

Wow that is a cool (and oh-so-cheezy) feature on your camera! I voted for Dave, don't know who he is but his fairy princess expression made me giggle.

Moe said...

Hi Shannen!

I think Dave will appreciate the vote. Or at least Kevin will..I think he's disturbed that he's gotten so many votes so far...

Shannen said...

I saw that and was wondering if Kevin has been voting for himself? ha ha ha

lachness said...

This is a tough one, after scrolling up and down a bit I am still debating between Kevin and his tongue and Dave just looking like a total bad ass princess. At least I know I have eight more days to solidify the decision.
I overheard mom and dad talking and they say you LOVE the new job?? Is is true or is this more of thier mumbo jumbo.. i really hope its not mumbo jumbo!!

I would really like to meet the person who came up with the phrase mumbo jumbo, they must be cool.

hope all is well!!

Moe said...

Maggie,

Does anyone really truly LOVE their jobs? Except beer tasters of course... No, I really LIKE my job. Mom and Dad were exaggerating.

Mumbo Jumbo? I think it's an African phrase. Or a Disney phrase. Not sure which. ;-)