Friday, April 13, 2007

Winners Announced!

Before I announce the winners (but if you simply can’t be patient while I widdle away at this narrative, just scroll down), choosing the winner was really, really, hard. I must be honest when I say that I will most definitely do all the finalist selections at some point. I only did get four entries, but those four people submitted a hell of a lot of great ideas.

Here were the finalist choices:

  • Go out and take some photos to enter into the O.C. Fair photo competition.
  • How about birdwatching?
  • Griffith Observatory: http://www.griffithobs.org/
  • Skeet shooting! Go to a gun club and shoot at some clay discs.
  • Make a freezer paper T-shirt
  • Go see a Roller Derby bout!
  • Host a chili dump. Have your friends make a small batch of their favorite chili, dump it into one big pot, and enjoy!
I know! What would you choose? If only I could go to the Roller Derby while skeet shooting while all my friends made t-shirts and chili with birds on their shoulders!


Just some cool artwork I found on the web. Ell-a-phants!

So without further ado, here are the winners. Or as I like to say, the Big Wieners (trust me when I say this phrase is used in a good way):

GRAND PRIZE WINNER of a T-Shirt and a mug goes to: Natalie for her Freezer Paper T-shirt idea. CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE!

FIRST PLACE WINNER of a mug goes to Beth for her Skeet Shooting idea. If I picked the winner off of what make me laugh the most, you would definitely be taking home the grand prize.

RUNNER UP Prizes go to Robert and Ed. Both of your ideas will be used, trust me.

Happy Friday everyone, see you next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! This was very fun and I hope you didn't cause yourself too much stress picking the winners. Can't wait to see the freezer paper t-shirts! That was a GREAT idea and suits your personality to a tee. (no pun intended)

Have Fun!!!

Bethhead

Moe said...

Hi Bethhead!

Yeah, if I had the cash, you would have all been grand prize winners. It was extremely hard to choose. Maybe if my t-shirt comes out well, I'll send one of those along with your mug. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hola Moe!

I'm so honored to be in the top four of your four submissions. I'd like to thank all the people who couldn't be bothered - without you, I may have been among the top five or top six, or who knows? The sky's the limit!

Freezer paper t-shirts? That sounds fun and photo-friendly! Can't wait to see that one Natalie!

:-)
Ed

Anonymous said...

Hey Moe, if you ever want to take Bethhead up on the skeet shooting idea, let me know. I have a shotgun you can borrow, plus 4 boxes of 12 gage ammo I made myself about 10 years ago. I can't attest to the safety of discharging said ammunition, but you're welcome to try! I think the skeet/trap range is still open by Prado Dam - it's the facility that was used to host the shooting matches during the '84 Olympics when they were held in L.A. They still have the winners podium so you could make a cheap gold medal and have photos taken for the blog (assuming the photographer survives the dodgy rounds!!)

Feathered Hair Pat.

Moe said...

*Ed*

Well, you almost made it to first place. Skeet shooting made me snort coffee from my nose, roller derby just made me snort snot. So close!

*Feathered Hair Pat*

Sorry I talk so much sausage sometimes. Your hair is fine. And yes, I will definitely take you along if we go skeet shooting. Someone's got to be accountable for those dodgey bullets!

Anonymous said...

Moe,

Got my prize on Friday! Woo-hoo! Now, where should I stick it?

LOL

Ed

Moe said...

Ed,

Do you really need to ask where you can stick it?