Desperate, I’ve dug into my reserve. That is to say, I’m going to do a non-winning suggestion from last spring’s New This Weekend contest. You should have a new *real* entry shortly.
In the interim, I’d like to thank all the Eastern European readers for checking my blog and my attempt at borovnica out. Michael from Glory of Carniola linked me last Friday. Man, is he a popular guy! I don’t think I could have had any more hits unless I started using porn words in my entries. I’ve also learned a lot about making my own liquor and the proper (and informal) way to say underpants in Slovenian and Croatian (seriously, check out the comments for that one). My granny is going to be so proud!
Speaking of being linked and searched on, by far I get the most ‘not from people I know’ hits from people searching for the words of the Shamu song at Sea World, where to go golfing in Costa Mesa, and where to find Sunday Brunch in Newport Beach. People love their Sunday Brunch. And for the people who love their Sunday brunch, here is a quick list of places I’ve been around here so you’re not so disappointed that you just click and leave.
Sunday Brunch in Newport Beach:

- The Village Inn, Balboa Island
-Pros: $10 average price on breakfast
$3.00 all you can drink champagne
Rarely crowded, even at peak times (11AM - 2PM)
Fairly decent service
The restaurant claps when a new champagne bottle is opened
Quick ferry ride to the peninsula to play pool if you’re still standing after all that booze
-Cons: The food is crap
No place to park unless you bike - Woody’s Wharf, Newport Peninsula
-Pros:Food is excellent (free muffins!)
Free champagne
Great view
Friendly (already) drunk people at 11 AM
$3.00 valet parking
-Cons:Always crowded
Service can be a bit (ok, WAY bit) slow at times
Food is pricey, around $15-20
Friendly (already) drunk people at 11 AM - Punjab, Fountain Valley
-Pros:$11 for Sunday brunch buffet
Free champagne
Rarely busy
Food is really good (if you like Indian food)
Self-service
Always a place to park
-Cons:Fountain Valley - Omelet Parlor, Costa Mesa
-Pros:Food is good and cheap ($6-9)
Service is great
Always a place to park
-Cons:Always busy on Sunday
Champagne is sold by glass or bottle - Cappy’s, Newport Beach
-Pros:Decent food, large portions
Most items $8-$15
Parking usually isn’t a problem
Service is great
-Cons:Usually a wait on Sunday (but typically no more than 15 min)
Mimosas sold by the glass only (and at $6 a piece too) - Hornblower Sunday Brunch Cruise (see entry)
- The Alley (see entry)
OK kids, I’ll be back soon, I promise.



2 comments:
Moe,
Ahhhhhhh. I just love how a new post warms my toes. It's like socks from the dryer on a cold morning.
Okay, maybe that's a bit much but it sounded pretty, didn't it?
Anyway, the brunch recommendations don't help me much but they are funny! I'm going to check out those comments you mentioned. Should be entertaining. Oh, and you said 'porn'. You're going to get twice as many hits now!
Ed
Hi Ed!
You're always my very first post-er. Now that's warm socks on a cold day!
I think you'll enjoy my next post (when I actually write it)...trying my hand at a little TWoP. Hee
Post a Comment